Monday, January 31, 2011

Poetic Post

I was cleaning my room today and found a piece of paper full of scribbles. Upon closer inspection the scribbles were actually genius rhyming and i have no idea what so ever who wrote it, but for the reader's entertainment (and my own) here is what has been discovered.




"Oh proud left foot, that ventures quick within, then soon upon a backward journey lithe. Anon, once more the gesture, then begin: Command sinistral pedestal to writhe. Commence thou then the fervid Hokey-Poke. A mad gyration, hips in wanton swirl. To spin! a wild release from heaven's yoke, blessed dervish! surely thou canst go, girl! The Hoke, the Poke--banish now thy doubt verily, I say, 'Tis what it's all about'."



What a fantastical version of the Hokey Pokey!!! hope this reader has smiled today...



THE END

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Makes me giggle inside and out. Makes me think back to the fun of drama class in high school. Makes me think about our dear friend at the beach that has exposed us to so much rich literary finesse over the years. Makes me think of the ridiculous reduced Shakespeare clan that brings joyful laughter rolling down my cheeks in liquid form......ahhhhhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dear mommy we love it when you laugh!

    ReplyDelete