Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Burning Barns

Today the neighbors barn burned down. It was sad cause it had been there for so long and went so quickly that the firemen got there just in time to drowned the surrounding houses so they wouldn't catch fire from the rubble. And I know that fire draws attention but I just don't think I'd like people taking pictures of my ancient burning barn should I ever have one. That just doesn't seem nice. Like preserving someone else's misery just so you can have something to show your friends. I know people don't mean to do that its just that bad news is more interesting to talk about than good news.

I suppose the only way that is going to change is if good news becomes more interesting.

Well we shall see.

Hmmmm some good news, Good News like God in Heaven, the Star Breather, created people and He doesn't make junk and He only makes what He likes. So the good news is all those annoying people taking pictures of the burning barn are fantastic works of art that God personally approves and likes. So even when they go home and talk about bad news cause its more interesting, they are still amazing and wonderful because God made them.

And other good amazing news is that the barn was empty of fantastic works of art personally hand made by God. That means that an empty barn burned, and drew all those strangers together to oooh and aaaah over, while stopping traffic for miles.

If an empty barn can do that, just imagine what one fire-ie holy spirit filled amazing work of art could do...

THE END!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are so amazing! I love how you turned that all around. I too was uncomfortable with all those cell phones out documenting the devastation. As the wood cracked and groaned, were people snapping pictures and video so they could say they were there and own the drama for themselves? That question was going through my mind. But then I thought to myself, with modern 21 century technology what else could so many people do?
    So often people are shocked into statues and don't know how to react in trauma.
    I don't know...I am just rambling and trying to figure out my own thoughts.

    I love that you make us (the reader) think about where our focus should be. I love reminding myself that God is the Star Breather and Universe Creator and that He delights in us. He is overwhelmingly in love with us.

    Blessings to you today.

    ReplyDelete