Monday, February 7, 2011

The Day I Met Paco

Today I was with my mom and the pudding at walmart. We happened to be walking through the auto parts isle when I noticed a man with a fuzzy creature nestled into the crook of his elbow. So I pointed at the man (as is you know the polite thing to do) and he handed me a squirrel.

This is Paco the squirrel. I didn't catch the owner's name because he couldn't speak English, but he was very nice and thought it was cool that Paco liked me.

God has a sense of humor and I think He enjoys expressing it in the random things that make us smile through out the day. Like today I smiled because squirrels are hard to hold due to their short attention spans and skittering about. They also tend to be a tad bit suspicious of strangers and will throw pine cones at you if you get to close. Or in other experiences they will sit on you for a while to eat potato chips.


This little Paco was different, he was tired of being at the store and just wanted to sit with me for a while. He was soooooo cute curled into my arm! He just relaxed as I pet him. Another reason that I smiled was because I wasn't expecting a random stranger to hand me a small woodland creature in the middle of Walmart, especially with the obvious language barrier.

Yet another reason that I smiled, was because of all the random pets to run into, I was expecting a skunk because I've ran into people who have pet skunks before...I've met people with pet skunks before, running into them would make for a much more interesting story.

Any ways enough of rabbit trails, I'm talking about little Paco that I met today and he was very sweet. Handing someone your pet squirrel is a fantastic way to start a conversation even if there is a language barrier. Now I know that there is a fun loving person out there around town who gets a kick out of brightening every one elses day. Isn't that amazing?

Well I hope that Paco has made you smile as much as he made me smile.

THE END!!!

3 comments:

  1. It was so random and fun to meet that guy in the store with Paco. It reminded me very much of another encounter we had that I wrote about.

    http://julesstones.blogspot.com/2008/04/never-say-neverand-champoeg-park.html

    You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe Papa God was letting you know how much he thinks of you. He knew what would bring a smile to your sweet face! Isn't wonderful we are thought of that way? In the most unexpected places He chooses to bless. You are a very blessed young woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredible encounter - it has brought a smile to my face too.

    ReplyDelete