Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Old Reliable

My car has character, only unique people acquire vehicles with character. Just like only unique families get strange animals like the ones we have. None of these photos are of my car. I should probably take one for show and tell.

Last weekend my car decided to add to its list of quirks, no not only does it over heat, die, and blare a fog horn in weather hotter than 65 degrees, or sound an airbag alarm whenever the key is turned (even though there aren't airbags in the passenger sides), or sound the airbag alarm if driven for more than 40 minutes, which are all fantastic little quirks, now my car has decided that reverse shall no longer be one of its functions. Yes now we are aloud to only parallel park and never go down dead ends or pull into driveways, or parking spaces.

I forgot this last Friday. I drove the Pudding, myself, and Ninja Bell, to the dentist office and parked in a parking spot. As soon as this happened I instantly slammed my forehead into the steering wheel and groaned. The Pudding and Ninja Bell were most concerned at my apparently "not normal" behavior. I was under the impression that when i act "normal" it is a rare occasion and cause for alarm. There fore it was funny that my "normal" "not normal" reaction to parking a car that refuses to reverse in a parking spot blocked on all three sides by other cars, was cause for alarm. But I am fairly certain that "Normal" people are prone to slamming ones head on the steering wheel in frustration.

that was a rabbit trail. So nothing was to be done except that when we were finished with our dentist appointment I climbed in the car and put it in neutral while my two little sisters, who are both fit and trim yet still very much featherweights, attempted to push the car. I almost cried from laughing. Happily though the car parked next to us moved and we were able to turn sharply and not have to back completely out of the space.
I like these pictures cause they make me feel better about my car.

TA DAAAAAAA!
THE END!

7 comments:

  1. I had a car once that you had to park it on a slight incline. The only way to get it to start was first from a roll. What memories!! Thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed so hard living your recollection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "My car has character" - at least character doubled dear Pippin! Hope you can get the reverse gear sorted. Mind you it could be worse -I've heard tales of gear boxes reinstalled back to front so the driver got 4 reverse gear and just the 1 for driving forwards!

    Sending care and huggles, Michelle and Zebby Cat, xxx and puRRRRumbles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there SparkyPip! May I ask what car model you own? It’s imperative to have your car checked immediately. The worst thing that can happen, you know, is when the shifting gear suddenly fails to budge. That’s one ‘character’ you wouldn’t want your car to have.

    Naomi Champy

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh lol thanks for the concern but my new car has been pretty good to me these past couple years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I believe it’s more of a need for regular car maintenance rather than your car having a ‘character’ of its own. Your car clearly needed a check-up and more than a couple of repairs and replacements. If up until now you haven’t taken it to a mechanic, you risk breaking down in the middle of the road. New year, new car, perhaps?

    Nicole Vickers

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh yes when a car habitually breaks down like that regular check ups are necessary lol but my new car (if its still new after two and a half years of ownership) gets its regular check ups as well and has been quite nice to me.

    ReplyDelete